Each year, Storm Trysail Club tries to leave Block Island a little better than we found it with a donation to an organization that benefits the residents or environment of the small island. Starting 2001, the Storm Trysail Club’s BIRW Raffles have generated over $100 thousand that has been directed to the services and charities serving the Island and its residents, from the Block Island Rescue Squad, which has been called into action for one reason or another by virtually every BIRW; the Block Island Medical Center, which has patched-up more injured sailors over the years than can be remembered; and the Block Island Conservancy, a membership organization concerned with preserving the open spaces of Block Island.
This year, we will find an equally worthy organization by which your contributions will be most appreciated!
The grand prize this year will be a 3-night stay at the new Margaritaville Resort Times Square opening this June!
Thanks to our sponsors, other raffle items include:
- A Helly Hansen Gear Kit
- A Mount Gay “Duffle Package” which includes a Helly Hansen Jacket and a bottle of XO
- A Mixed Case of Regatta Craft Mixers & set of Corkcicles
- Subscriptions to Sailing World
- A Hook & Moors boat hook from New England Ropes
- A bucket bag and YETI coffee mug from Gowrie Group
- Safe Harbor Custom Matouk Pezzo Throw Blanket
- Litchfield Distillery bottles
- $500 Gift Certificate from McMichael’s Yards and Brokers
More Raffle Items to Come So Check Back Often!
For the first time, we are going digital with the raffle! Purchase your raffle tickets online for $10 a piece. Each purchase enters your name in the drawing. The more you buy, the more chances to win, and the more we support the island.