There are so many opportunities for some big boat experience this Fall for College Sailors supported by Storm Trysail Club and patterns like COSC, Larchmont Yacht Club, Columbia Yacht Club, the Chicago T-10 Association and the Storm Trysail Foundation. Share these with someone you know to spread the word:
1. COSC – the Collegiate Offshore Sailing Circuit
COSC just announced 3-Event Fall Offshore Series for college sailing teams in its fleet of one-design Figaro 2s (they now have 12 and 6 are available for charter).
- Sept 18/19: Newport, RI – Oakcliff Sailing, 105nm
- Sept 25/26: Oakcliff Sailing, out/back, 100nm
- Oct 9&10: Intercollegiate Offshore Regatta, daily distance Gold Cup
- If interested, email email@example.com , either as an individual college, or as a collaborative team with another college.
2. Intercollegiate Offshore Regatta at Larchmont Yacht Club October 9-10, 2021
Initially established the early 1970’s by The Corinthians. This invitational regatta for college sailors is held annually out of Larchmont Yacht Club and brings together keel boat owners and young sailors for an opportunity to go head to head each Fall. In the 2019 Regatta 42 schools, 48 teams and 355 college sailors participated!
New for 2021: We expect a high turnout and plan to add a Figaro and J/88 class.
Questions? Contact IOR@StormTrysail.org
👉🏻 If interested, request an invitation by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Great Lakes Intercollegiate Offshore Regatta at Columbia Yacht Club September 24-26, 2021
The GLIOR is an annual fall regatta that provides an opportunity for collegiate sailors to experience the excitement of offshore keel-boat racing.
Participating teams come from college sailing programs in the Midwest and beyond. Chicago T10 & Chicago J105 fleet members provide the sailboats and are on-board during racing as a safety precaution; the collegiate sailors drive, crew the boat and manage strategy and tactics; Chicago-area yacht clubs provide facilities and the fleets provide financial support, participant gifts and awards.
The regatta consists of windward/leeward buoy races on Lake Michigan offshore of Chicago.
If interested, request an invitation by filling out this form: https://buff.ly/3ez8SKh