Open to Junior Sailors 13-18
Participants should be intermediate and advanced level sailors. All juniors must be accompanied by an adult coach or supervisor.
When: Wednesday, July, 28 2021
- Registration begins at 8:30AM Eastern Time
- Pick-up promptly at 5:00PM Eastern Time
- Raritan Yacht Club, 180 Water Street, Perth Amboy, NJ 08861
- Contact: Ann Myer (email@example.com, 908 285-6670) or Kelly Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org, 718-974-5571)
This hands-on program presented by the Storm Trysail Foundation gives junior sailors an opportunity to learn about safety equipment and practices related to big boat sailing. The program is equally well-suited to junior sailors with and without prior big boat experience. The program includes classroom instruction, dockside demonstrations, and on-the-water practice in boats ranging from 30 to 40 feet in length. Skills to be covered include storm preparation, crew overboard recovery, safety gear, flare use, on board fires, sailing at night, crew organization and VHF radio use. Instructors have extensive heavy weather experience and have sailed tens of thousands of offshore sea miles.
Instructors, take your program on a “Field Trip” to Raritan Yacht Club in Perth Amboy, NJ. Give your kids a day of “Big Boat” instruction and safety. Then if you would like we are glad to invite any of the parents, coaches and juniors who took the class to come race with us for our Wednesday night racing series. This is a great stepping stone to making sailing a lifelong sport. Contact us today with any questions and to give us a heads up on the numbers you will be bringing. PUT THIS ON YOUR JR CALENDAR TODAY!
- Mask wearing per state requirements.
- Pack sunblock, hat, swimsuit and towel.
- Boating shoes only. No flip flops or sandals.
- Be aware of weather and dress accordingly.
- PLEASE BRING: Durable refillable sport/water bottle.
- Participants MUST Pre-Register